A vehicle registered in one state can be used in other state with the same registration number for temporary purpose. The registration number is valid throughout the India, but if vehicle is migrated to some other state for long use then the fresh registration number from the state the vehicle is migrated to needs to taken and taxes to be paid. Taxes paid at time of registration are motor vehicle taxes for that particular state not for India.
Documents to be submitted
- Registration certificate/ Smart Card in original.
- NOC ( in Form- 28 ) issued by the last R.A. in original.
- Form-33 & Form -20
- Local address proof in original along with a photo copy.
- Photo copy of PAN card.
- Sale invoice of the vehicle.
- Photo copy of last Tax Token.
- Photo copy of insurance certificate.
- Photo copy of pollution under control certificate.
- Document showing the reason for change of address of the Vehicle.
- Indemnity Bond
- Consent letter of the financier, if hypothecated
- EVIDENCE OF BS NORM
The following documents are required for change of address in Registration Certificate.
- Form 33
- Original Registration Certificate.
- copy of valid insurance.
- copy of address proof of the registered owner.
- copy of valid pollution under control certificate.
- Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Regarding the change of address in Registration Certificate,where the hypothecation is endorsed in the Registration Certificate, No Objection Certificate from the financer is needed to get the address changed in the Registration Certificate.