The Learner’s license is valid up to six months. The permanent license should be applied for, after 30 days and before 6 Months from the date of issue of the learner’s license.
Yes, it is valid throughout India.
Yes, a medical certificate would be required to be produced (In case of commercial vehicle licenses and also in case the applicant is more than 50 years of age).
It allows you to learn driving with a regular and experienced driver of your choice. If you want to drive a motor car or a two-wheeler, this should be along with a friend, relative or an instructor of a driving school who holds a valid driving license. If you wish to become a professional driver and drive commercial, passenger or goods vehicles, you will have to get yourself trained at a driving school duly recognized by the Transport Department.
- You should have a valid learner licence.
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learner licence.
- You should be conversant about the vehicle systems, driving, traffic rules & regulations.
Yes, there are two rules. The first is that you must paste or paint a‘L’ sign at the back and front of your vehicle in red, on a white background and the second is that you must at all times be accompanied by a person holding a regular license. Secondly, If you are learning how to drive a two-wheeler, you cannot carry any other person on the pillion except your instructor.
You may apply for a re-test after 7 days. However this period of 7 days should be utilized to upgrade your skills and to rectify your mistakes.
You can renew it within 5 years from the date of its expiry. Penalty for late renewal is charged after the first 30 days of expiry. But remember that driving with an expired licence is an offence.
The applicant shall have attaining the age of 16 years in case of motor cycle with engine capacity not exceeding 50 cc (motor cycle without gear).
- The consent/declaration of the parents/guardian is necessary and shall be signed before the Licencing authority.
- The applicant shall have completed the age of 18 years in case of motor cycle with gear or light motor vehicle.
- In case of transport vehicles one year driving experience of light motor vehicle.
- Medical certificate in Form CMV 1 and 1A is necessary in case of transport vehicle.
At the Regional Transport Office or Addl. Regional Transport Office having jurisdiction over you reside.
A licence to drive a non transport vehicle shall be effective for a period of 20 yrs. from the date of issue or renewal or the holder attains the age of 50 yrs., whichever is earlier, after that the licence is renewable for 5 years.
Licence to drive a transport vehicle be effective for a period of three years from the date of its issue.